- Scopes and Regulations
- What Information We Collect
- How we use the data
- Sharing your information
- Transfers of your information outside Thailand
- Data security
- How long we keep your personal data
- Your rights
- Links to other websites
- Complaints and enquiries
- How to contact us
- SEAC Leadavation Center Co.,Ltd. is the data controller of your personal data.
- We collect the personal data as set out in the section “What information we collect” below, including account registration, details of online courses you undertake, survey information (where you provide it), identity verification data and information about your use of our Site and services.
- We use your personal data for the purposes set out in the section “How we use the data” of this policy below, including providing our services to you, ensuring the security and performance of our site, research relating to academic courses, sharing information with our partners (such as academic institutions) and our suppliers, direct marketing and performing statistical analysis of the use of our site and services.
- we use your information for the purposes for which you granted consent, and we will retain your information only as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes; or
- our use of your personal data is necessary for complying with our legal obligations; or
- our use of your personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (including improvement of operations or systems, prevention of fraud, maintenance of security, marketing, internal audit and research performed by us), except where such interests are overridden by your privacy-related rights, interests, and freedom.
2.1 Information you give us
- For visitors:
You can browse our Site without giving any personal data. You may give us information with your consent by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information you provide when you submit a contact/enquiry form, for examples: sign up form, sales request form, etc. When you make a request to create an account with our Site, we will ask for your consent to provide your information which may include:
- your name,
- address and postal code,
- e-mail address,
- phone number,
- job title,
- industry you work in,
- company size,
- skill you most want to improve,
- For non-corporate members:
We collect personal data that you give us to provide our services when you:
- register for an account,
- update or change information for your account,
- purchase products or services
- complete a survey, a questionnaire or a sign-up for any activity,
- participate in our classes or forums,
- send us email messages,
- participate in courses or other services on our website or at physical locations, including:
- The Garage at FYI Building, Bangkok
- Online, at any SEAC or YourNextU website
- B-line community – an on-line and physical community
We will indicate where the information you give us is necessary for the service for our Site. We will separately indicate where the information you give us is optional upon your consent. We do not collect data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data, criminal convictions and any information that of sensitive nature.
We may use the information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific course or services you select, send you updates about courses offered by YNU or other YNU events, and send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates. Please refer to “How we use the data.”
- For corporate members:
Initially, we obtain information from your organization under our agreement, items such as business email, company name, etc. Most of our services and features are available to you as well as non-corporate members, depending on our agreement with your organization. For example, it may not be possible for you to change some of your data such as email, company name, etc.
- Credit Card Storage:
Credit card information is transmitted over a secure SSL connection and is used only to process payment for the transaction (it is not stored or retained on our Site).
- Children’s Privacy Protection:
We take special care to protect the privacy needs of children and encourage parents or guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Our Site does not target and is not intended for children without their parents’ or guardians’ guidance. Presumably, children under the age of 13 should not use the Site. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete it. Parents who believe that YNU may have collected personal data from an under-age child can submit a request that it be removed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2 Information our Site automatically collects about you.
We may track, collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were clicked. We also collect information from the URLs from which you linked to our Site. Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address, operating system and browser software used by you. We may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity.
We use the information we collect through your use of the Site to:
- provide and administer the Site in order to:
- provide any information, products or services that you request from us including to display customized content and to process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features,
- manage your account settings,
- facilitate the Site’s functions, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, and preventing fraud and abuse, or
- solicit feedback from you;
- provide technical support and security to you as necessary to ensure our services and the Site;
- communicate with you by:
- responding to your questions and concerns;
- sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and teaching assistants, notifications about changes or updates to our Site and services, or
- sending you information about your progress in courses, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses which you can opt out of at any time;
- learning management system: [*]
- event calendar: [*]
- e-Certificate: [*]
- gamification / leaderboard: [*]
- provide identity verification and user authentication.
- conduct researches and analytics relating to online education by using information about your activity on the Site together with general course data (including quiz or assignment submissions, grades, and forum discussions), and demographic data from surveys administered or sponsored by YNU to:
- improve our services and develop new products, services, and features, and
- promote our Site and services; or
- link your information with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- As required or permitted by law; or otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
We do not sell trade, rent, or otherwise retransmit any personal data we collect unless we have your permission to do so. We will use your personal data only for the purposes for which we collected it, unless:
- we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another purpose and that purpose is compatible with the original purpose; or
- we anonymize your personal data and use it for research or statistical purposes.
If we intend to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will contact you to explain the legal basis which allows us to use your personal data for that unrelated purpose.
For corporate subscribers, we use your personal data primarily based on our contract with your organization. We will use your personal data to fulfill our services to your organization including:
- report your progresses and activities,
We have a legitimate interest to process personal data of the employees of our customers and partners to enable and facilitate provisioning our services to our corporate customers and partners, including undertaking relevant sales and marketing activities as enabled by applicable laws on different forms of marketing-related communications.
We may share the information you provide with
- other SEAC-related entities;
- trusted business partners with whom we collaborate, including:
- Simplilearn: [*]
- coorpacademy: [*];
- anyone else we engage to process personal data for us, such as the provider of our IT systems. That person will be obliged to use your personal data only for our purposes, to process it only in accordance with our instructions and to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal data.
- our professional advisers who owe an obligation of confidence to us, as necessary to obtain advice;
- law enforcement agencies, if we know of think that you are engaged in any illegal activity;
- anyone, if necessary to comply with any law or regulation;
- anyone, if necessary to enforce our rights or to protect our property or to protect the rights or property of anyone else;
- a purchaser of SEAC or of our business or any business assets – we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer(s) and its or their professional advisers and, if our business assets are sold, our customers’ personal data will be one of the assets transferred;
- any business with which we merge or merge part of our business;
- any company or business which we acquire.
We transfer your personal data outside Thailand, but we do not do so unless at least one of the following applies:
- We transfer it to a country which the Personal Data Protection Commission has decided ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data or if the recipient has entered into the Standard Contractual Clauses certified by the Commission;
- You have given your explicit consent to the transfer of your personal data. (If you have given that consent you may withdraw it at any time by emailing email@example.com);
- We cannot perform our contract with you without making that transfer or we cannot take steps you have requested us to take without making that transfer;
- We cannot enter into or perform a contract with someone else and which is in your interests without making that transfer;
- The transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest;
- The transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Your personal data may be accessed by our staff when they are outside Thailand, but the same safeguards will apply as though our staff were accessing your personal data from within Thailand.
We have appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will process your personal data on only on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will promptly notify the Office of Personal Data Protection Commission within 72 hours unless it is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms. Where it is highly likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms, we will promptly notify data breach and the guideline of remedy to you without undue delay. We will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and take other actions, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We will keep your personal data only for so long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we have collected that data, or as required by law, or as required to meet any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Details of the retention periods for different types of data are available here.
When deciding what is the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from any unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we use your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your personal data. Please see “Your Rights.”
For corporate subscribers, your personal data under the corporate subscription are stored for the duration of the license/subscription and for five years after the last asset or subscription of the customer or partner has expired.
Unless where legal restrictions may apply in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request access to your personal data: you have the right to receive confirmation of whether we are holding or using your personal data and, if we are, to obtain a copy of your personal data. Some legal restrictions may apply;
- request the transfer of your personal data (data portability): whether by automatic means or by receiving the personal data you have provided to us and to have us transmit that data to another person, if it is feasible to do so;
- object to the processing of your personal data:
- where we are relying on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your particular situation leads you to think our processing affects your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your personal data and that those grounds override your rights and freedoms, or
- where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes or research and statistical purposes;
- request the erasure of your personal data (the right to be forgotten): where we have no good reason to continue using it, such as it is no longer necessary to keep your personal data according to the purposes of collection, you have withdrawn your consent for the collection, or you have objected to the processing of your personal data. The process of erasure may take some time and depending on our system. We may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for legal reasons which we will inform you about if you request erasure;
- request a restriction on the processing of your personal data: you may ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of your personal data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your personal data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
- request the correction of your personal data: any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you will be corrected as requested. We may need to verify the accuracy of any new data you provide;
- withdraw your consent: where you have given consent to our using your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any use of your personal data based on your consent before you withdraw consent.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For corporate subscribers, [*]
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within a month. It may take us longer than a month if your request is complicated or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. Normally you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any other right, but we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in those circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data or to exercise any other right. This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to a person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you. We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, but we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
Our Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control those third-party websites and we are not responsible for their privacy policies or statements.
We take any complaints we receive very seriously. Please bring it to our attention if you think that our collection or use of your personal data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
You have the right to make a complaint about the way we have used your personal data to the Office of Personal Data Protection Commission. Please give us a chance to address your concerns before you contact the Office of Personal Data Protection Commission.
It is important that your personal data is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your personal data changes.
What are cookies?
Cookies are little pieces of data stored on your computer. They can be used by a website to track information. Usually this is for automatic log-ins and remembering your previous settings.
Information from our cookies is not shared by SEAC in any way.
Cookies on this site are used for 3 purposes, and 3 purposes only.
- to facilitate logins and access to internal content,
- to track the current status and location of users, to support smooth navigation and responsive functionality of features.
There are times when cookies are used while interacting with 3rd party providers. In these instances we use randomly generated ID numbers that contain no traceable personal data.
Can I opt-out?
Yes, you can. We recommend against it, as cookies significantly improve our learning experience.
Every browser gives you the option of refusing and deleting cookies. Many sites can walk you through the process. Here is one: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/